I’m on the South by Southwest Interactive (SXSWi) 2012 Health Accelerator Advisory Board and we’re looking to recruit interactive health start-ups to pitch their products. SXSW is accepting applications for its Accelerator pitch event on March 12 and 13, with a submission deadline of Friday, November 18, 2011. This is the fourth year of the event and the first year that a category for health technology start-ups has been included. Prior years showcased big name judges like Tim Draper of DFJ, Chris Hughes of Facebook, Paul Graham of Y Combinator, Craig Newmark of Craiglist, Robert Scoble of Scobleizer, Jeff Pulver of 140 Conference, Chris Shipley of Demo, and Tom Conrad of Pandora.
Here is a link to the details and the application process, CLICK ME LINK, or browse below for a quick check to gauge your interest. Also, feel free to reach out to me, hallicious [at] gmail [dot] com, with specific questions or concerns about the application fee.
DEVIL IN THE DETAILS
Health Technologies: This category is about patient-centric health applications and technologies that connect patients, families, physicians, pharmacists, care providers (hospitals, clinics) and benefit providers – aka the care team – to share timely, relevant health data and drive better outcomes at affordable and sustainable cost levels.
- A company’s product / service must have launched no earlier than March, 13, 2011.
- A company’s product / service must not be launched after June 13, 2012.
- Companies will be allowed to submit only one product / services to the SXSW Accelerator event. Companies who submit more than one product / services will not be eligible to participate in the SXSW Accelerator event.
- Founders of the applying startup must retain some portion of ownership in the company to be eligible to participate.
- Must not have raised over five million in funds from combined funding sources.
- Product or service must fall within one of the following categories below.
All preliminary application information that is submitted is confidential and will be only viewed by SXSW Music staff and the selected judging panelist.
A non-refundable $175 entry fee is required from all applicants who would like to be considered for participation in the event. All Accelerator entrants will be given the chance to register to attend SXSW Interactive at the lowest earlybird rate, if they are not chosen as an Accelerator finalist.
I spent some time on YouTube today, viewing last year’s presentations and have to say that if you’re planning on submitting and giving your pitch, do yourself a favor and watch Hipmunk’s Adam Goldstein dazzle the panel of judges with his presentation. The data visualization nerd in me also found their approach to displaying travel data to be especially good. You’re welcome.